Canadian Criminal Appeal Lawyer Toronto: Get the Best Legal Representation You Need
You need a lawyer to help you with an appeal, but finding the right one can be difficult. Filing an appeal can be a complicated procedure, and you want to make sure you have the best possible chance of success. You may not know what types of evidence to submit or what legal arguments to make.
Criminal Defense Connect is here to help. We have a team of experienced appeal lawyers who have helped many clients with their appeals. We know the ins and outs of the appeals process and can help you gather the evidence you need and make sure your appeal is filed correctly.
What Is an Appellate Lawyer and What Do They Do
An appellate lawyer is an attorney who specializes in handling appeals. An appeal is a legal proceeding in which a case is brought before a higher court for review. The main purpose of an appeal is to determine whether the lower court’s decision was correct. The higher court may agree to hear the appeal, or it may decline to do so. If the higher court agrees to hear the appeal, it will review the case and may make a decision that reverses, affirms, or modifies the decision of the lower court.
Appellate lawyers handle all aspects of the appeals process, from researching and writing briefs to arguing cases before the appellate court. Because appellate law is such a specialized field, most appellate lawyers have previous experience as trial lawyers. This experience helps them to understand how to best present their cases to the appellate court.
The Benefits of Working With Our Appellate Litigation Lawyer
If you have been involved in a case that has been decided by a lower court and you are not satisfied with the outcome, you may want to consider appealing the decision. Appealing a case can be a complicated and time-consuming process, which is why it is important to have an experienced appellate lawyer on your side.
Working with our appellate lawyers offer many benefits, including:
- Knowledge of the appeals process: Our appellate lawyers understand the process and procedures involved in appealing a case and can guide you through each step.
- Experience with the appellate court: With many years of experience arguing cases before the appellate court, our appellate lawyers know what to expect and how to best prepare your case for success.
- Provides strategic guidance: Our appellate lawyers will review your case and frame the issues in a way that is most likely to succeed on appeal.
- Focuses on the big picture: Appellate lawyers are not emotionally attached to the case and can provide an objective perspective.
- Provides assistance before, during, and after trial: We can help you at every stage of your case, from pre-trial preparation to post-trial motions. This will ensure that your rights are protected at every stage of the legal process.
Reasons for Appealing a Conviction
There are a variety of reasons why you might want to to appeal your conviction, including:
- Legal mistake or error: If the judge or jury made a plain mistake during your trial, you might have grounds for an appeal.
- Issues with evidence: Lack of sufficient evidence or newly discovered evidence may lead to a successful appeal.
- Ineffective assistance of counsel: If you believe your trial lawyer did not do a good job, you may be able to file an appeal.
As such, it is important to consult with our experienced appellate lawyer to discuss your options and whether you have grounds for an appeal.
What Happens When You Appeal a Sentence
When it comes to appealing a sentence, there are a few things you should know. For instance, it is important to understand that not all cases are eligible for appeal. In order to appeal, there must be errors in the trial that resulted in a miscarriage of justice.
If you do have a case that is eligible for appeal, the first step is to file a Notice of Appeal. This notice must be filed within 30 days of the date of the conviction. This will trigger a review of the trial record and the opportunity for both parties to submit legal briefs. Once the notice is filed, the appellate court will review the case to determine if there are any errors that warrant an appeal. The court will consider whether there were any errors in the trial that led to the conviction. If the appellate court finds that there were errors, it may reverse the conviction or order a new trial.
While the appeals process can be time-consuming and complex, working with our experienced appellate lawyer can help to ensure that no effort is spared in fighting for your rights.
How Much Does It Cost for an Appeal Lawyer
The cost of an appeal lawyer can vary depending on the case and the specific services required. In some cases, appellate lawyers may work on a contingency basis, which means you will only have to pay if they are successful in overturning your conviction. In other cases, lawyers may charge an hourly rate.
To get a clear shot of the cost, we recommend that you contact our office to schedule a consultation. During our consultation, we will evaluate your case and provide you with an estimate of the cost.
Get the Best Legal Representation for Your Appeal
A criminal conviction can have significant effects on one’s life. It can result in a prison sentence, the loss of your job, and a criminal record. This is why it is important to have a reliable and experienced appellate lawyer on your side.
Criminal Defence Connect has what you need to get the best legal representation for your appeal. Our professional and experienced appellate lawyers have handled a wide range of appeals and are familiar with every detail of the appeals process. We understand what it takes to win an appeal and will fight tirelessly to get the best possible outcome for your case.
Contact us today or visit our website to learn more about how we can help you with your appeal.